13 May 2010

Stuffy Noses and Movies

I've had a cold for about a week now. Aren't they annoying? Constantly sniffling. Coughing my lungs out. I just wish it would go away already, but it has finally cleared my cold medicine drugged mind and broken my writer's block of the day.

When I'm sick, like most people, I don't feel like doing anything. I usually end up watching CSI since Spike shows it 10 hours a day. Weekends, though, are an awful time to watch television. Spike resorts to wrestling which, I'm proud to say, I do not indulge in.

So, when I'm sick on the weekend, I snuggle into my blanket cocoon and sit down with a movie. Usually I choose a nice heartwarming film. Sometimes, if I'm not just physically ill but sick of being sick, I throw in a good old horror movie.

There was one paticular time when I had a stomach virus and I watch Sleepy Hollow for the first time. That wasn't exactly a good idea. Very bloody movie. Many trips to the bathroom to unload my stomach contents. For some reason, though, I remember that the first time I watched that movie when I was sick.

It is a bit odd, but sometimes movies seem better when you're not feeling good. Maybe it's because I'm like a lump on a log and have no choice but to pay strict attention. I don't know. I haven't really come up with a conclusion today because I still feel like death warmed over. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch a flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment