24 May 2010

Singin' a Tune

I have a soft spot for musicals. I love them. The classics, the bizarre, the independents... There is just something so whimsical about them, even if they deal with more serious subject matter (see Sweeny Todd). This entry is going to be a bit different than all previous ones.

Why? Well, I just want to briefly talk about a dream of mine. A dream where one day we will live in a world where you can break out in song or dance (or both) and everyone will join in. They'll already know the lyrics and the moves. It will be glorious.

The only thing I need to do to make this dream a reality is find out how random passerbys suddenly know exactly what I'm going to sing about. They have to know the tempo of the song. Oh, and they definitely have to be able to harmonize with me. How do the people in musicals do it? I guess in this alternate realities, everyone can telepathically communicate.

That has to be the answer. There is just no other way about it. So, now that is my goal in life. Find a way to make it so that people can communicate telepathically. Oh, and also be as good at making up lyrics on the spot as Wayne Brady. Because I'm not going to write all these songs off the top of my head when I'm walking around town.

2 comments:

  1. Rofl
    Song and dance would be such a good way to go about life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would. If only I could make it truly work.

    ReplyDelete