07 May 2010

Lock Up All Sharp Objects

Yeah, that's one of the catch phrases of FearNET, the onDemand station for horror movies. I watch it quite a bit. Free horror movies that arent' edited with no commercials? I was like "Sign me up."

I've managed to watch alot of bad and good movies thanks to FearNET. I sat through at least five Paris Hilton films that didn't involve her naked and usually resulted in death. I've seen interviews with cool bands such as Reel Big Fish talking about their favourite movie monsters.

One of the best movies I ever saw on FearNET was a little movie called Disturbing Behavior. Granted, when I say good, it doesn't mean it's fantastic. It has quirks going for it, but unfortunately not the best ending. Later, I found out, it could have been a better movie.

DB is your typical "high school kids are being brain washed" type of movie. Though, literally, they are being brain washed. And killing off those students who have some actual individuality and refuse to be preppy zombies. Perfect cheesy movie set up.

Unfortunately, the ending falls flat. I later found out, though, there was an alternative ending that actually had some spunk that fit in with the rest of the movie. [SPOILERS AHEAD] When U.V. (Chad Donella) shoots Gavin (Nick Stahl), Gavin says "I guess this diminishes my chances of ever meeting Trent Reznor..." as he dies. Yeah, I guess only us other unique kids who refuse to be mindless zombies would get a Nine Inch Nails joke.

All in all, it's a pretty decent movie. I eventually bought it on DVD so I can watch it with the better ending. Makes it a bit better, though the beginning is really the best part. I guess the writers got a little mindless at the end there themselves, but it's still worth a watch one day when you're bored. Home alone. All the lights are off. Oh, and look. A thunderstorm is on it's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment