16 May 2010

Spoiler Alert

Since I started this blog a month ago, I made a promise to make sure I alerted you to any possible spoilers. I usually have trouble keeping my mouth shut when I'm talking about movies in real life. More than once, I've accidently given away the ending of a movie to someone who hasn't seen it before.

I often have to reread my entries before posting them to make sure I haven't said something that would ruin the movie for anyone who would like to watch that movie after seeing a review I posted. Usually the only things I fix in my posts is adding [SPOILERS AHEAD].

Sure, I hate when people ruin movies for me too, but I don't get as bent out of shape as some people. I could be told something revealing in the main plotline of a movie before viewing it, and I'll still be able to enjoy it when I do get around to watching it.

I have to say, it is worse when the whole ending is known before hand. This, while my example is not exactly a spoiler, is what has caused me to never watch The Crow in full to this day. I was sleeping while some friends were watching it and woke up just in time for the end. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth watching a movie if you already know how it's going to end.

If that movie is fantastic, of course it's worth watching even if you know what is going to happen. I have to work on that feeling that it's pointless then. I know that The Crow is supposed to be a great movie. I'll get around to it eventually, but I keep putting movies that I don't know the endings too before it.

So, I give you the curtesy of adding [SPOILERS AHEAD] so that I don't ruin any of these movies for you. I know that when I rave about a movie, I'd be mad if that movie had been ruined for me by some moron blogging about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment