06 June 2010

Tomato Soup

If you hadn't figured this out already, I watch alot of television. I wasn't surprised to learn the average American watches at least 3 hours of television without interruption. Yeah, I can easily do that. Alot of that time is dedicated to my crime shows, but I watch alot of clip shows too.

Now if you don't know what I'm talking about, the best example would be The Soup on E! The original clip show revamped about six years ago, it has spawned many others such as The Dish, Tosh.0 and The Rotten Tomatoes Show. RT started as a website dedicated to movie reviews. Ripe tomato equals good. Rotten tomato? Bad, obviously. Then a show version was started on the station current_. Sorry if you don't have super awesome cable like me. It sucks to be you.

It is a hilarious show. They begin with new movie reviews. I take their (more often than not cynical) advice very seriously when I'm going to the movies. (Other people I trust is the curmudgeon who writes for Diamond City and Lisa Schwartzbaum.) Plus they also do Top Five countdowns for... well, pretty much everything.



I was actually just watching the sci-fi special. Top Five Best Futures. Number one was in Back to the Future 2 basically just for the hover boards. Man, I totally forgot about that. Now I want a hover board. They've got the same crazy sense of humour as I do. I remember when the latest Harry Potter movie was coming out, host Brett had an HP movie marathon since he "never saw them before". (If he works for a movie show, you know he has.) This line had me in stiches: "Wow. I made it to the fifth movie, and there is finally the first bit of action!"

So, if you have current_, I hightly suggest you check it out. Not just RT, though. Yeah, I'm focussing on that since this is my movie blog, but the channel is basically the channel version of my Mass Media Literacy course. Young journalists with lots of entertaining shows that poke fun at everything dealing with the media as well as very informative shows with investigator journalism. It's good for you, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment