11 August 2010

Summer Is Almost Over

Okay, at the beginning of summer (Well, actually May as I pointed out in the entry.) I wrote an entry about how summer movies are the best way to spend a humid day. (See the entry here.) Some comments on my review yesterday has led me to believe I need to do a follow-up as summer is coming to an end.

Summer movies are usually mindless entertainment, and I do not have anything against that. Even I, the overly critizing fangirl who enjoys movies about nothing, enjoys some mindless entertainment. Especially when my brain is fried due to the heat.

However, as I was watching Inception yesterday I realized that the movies coming out this summer aren't all just action films or chick flicks. Inception, although not lacking in violence and big guns, definitely makes the viewer think.


(picture via blogspot)


An anonymous commenter who I believe may have some conspiracy issues was saying that they couldn't stand this belief that we need to see Inception several times to understand the concept. They're trying to squeeze as much money out of every movie goer as they can. Well, I don't doubt that at all actually. It's always about the money.

But how many people are going to go see a movie several times in theaters? (You ARE NOT allowed to bring up that I went to see (500) Days three times in theaters. That was different.) Wouldn't they just rather go see The A-Team? It's summer. I want to relax. If I'm at home and want to watch a movie, instead of popping in Fetching Cody or The Tracey Fragments, I put in Role Models or Young Frankenstein. Where is the comedy? Judd, come save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment